Friday, October 06, 2006

Something penned down from my thoughts....

Even though i have been to quite few of the "teerath sthalls" so far....vaishno devi, shirdi, kali mandir in kolkata, mathura, vrindavan, haji ali dargah in mumbai, birla mandir, jhaku temple in simla, churches in goa and many other temples, gurudwaras, masjids and churches..... i find myself in the dilemma, whether I believe in God or not. Unfortunately, the answer comes out is the latter one...

Do you believe in God?
That's a favourite question of mine. An upside-down question.
"Well, if i asked people whether they believed in life, they'd never understand what I meant. It's a bad question. It can mean so much that it really means nothing. So I ask them if they believe in God. And if they say they do - then, I know they dont believe in life."

Having said that, I would still admit that I am not totally against prayers...and I too pray sometimes, though I know prayers dont change 'things'. But I know it changes 'people' and they change things.

1 Comments:

At Sunday, October 08, 2006 5:06:00 am , Anonymous Anonymous said...

you know i myself once asked myself this question.....the answer offcourse was yes...but the harder part was to figure out why????
is it because we have been told to preach this higher power since as long as we can remember or is it more of a individual preference????
i guess the answer for everyone must be different but for me its straight---i believe in god because i NEED to believe in him....its not a question of faith but more of vulnerabilty!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home