Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Hasta la vista!!

(Before you start reading....this is the mail i sent across to bid goodbye to ppl as today - 25th June 2007- was my last day at PwC. And it felt good when lot many ppl appreciated it and on top of it....i cld fetch many replies on this...so guess da purpose was solved)

Hi All,

This is not a good bye mail as the subject suggests. I have not resigned. I have not left my present assignment and the team. This is not my last day at PricewaterhouseCoopers. I wish all this was true. Yes. I wish all this was true…now, when I am no more a part of this Organisation. But I hope to remain part of the people who create the organisation. And I still carry the slogan of “connected thinking” with me. I hope we all take effort to remember at least the first part of it, the second would follow.

Today I have handed over the laptop, ID card, locker keys etc. but what I could not hand over was the experience I gained in approximately four and a half years of my association with PwC and the fond memories of working with everyone at PwC. It was indeed a pleasant experience to be part of such an esteemed Organisation, and the dream which I had since my College days. It seems the life has come full circle.

Being an auditor at PwC involves long hours of travel, longer hours of work and often a complete mismanagement of social life. Today I must pay tribute to all my friends who have always been very supportive although there were times when they did curse my job, my organisation and me too! (let's be honest about it). For some unknown reason it seems that there is always an important deadline on birthdays, weddings and social functions.

Today I find a great opportunity through this mail, and I would thank my seniors, my colleagues, my clients, my subordinates and indeed my friends for all they have done for me in my professional career. Anything I achieved, I achieved because of their hard work, their support and their understanding. The things I didn't achieve were, of course, entirely due to the vagaries of corporate world!

Believe me, it was not easy for me to resign. This has been the first and the only organisation I have worked with, so far, during these 25 years of my life. So there is bound to be a special attachment with everything related to it and a sense of possessiveness too. And, I have never been more nervous in my life as I was before handing over my resignation letter.

You're searching...
For things that don't exist; I mean beginnings.
Ends and beginnings - there are no such things.
There are only middles.

And while I am writing this mail, my entire tenure (“the middles”) with this firm is coming before my eyes, the day I sent across my resume, the day I went through the rigorous process of selection of article trainees, the day I got a final call from HR, my first audit assignment, my first stipend, my first roof-top office party, the moments when I tried to escape work, the mandatory training sessions when I had to force myself to keep my eyes open, the time of reviews with the series of questions when only time my senior would hear me was when I would say, “I would check this tomorrow”, my first team-lead assignment, the day I got qualified, my first salary, bunking office to watch movies, saga of my stolen laptop, always managing to get late for office, my promotion, late night slogging, lots of celebrations, and my resignation day. There are lots of memories I would carry with me. And I must say that I have lived my tenure at PwC.

I would like to mention the fact that PwC is not only a place "where the best choose to be" but also a place “where the best are”…!!! No strings attached. As they say, man's feelings are always purest and most glowing in the hour of meeting and of farewell.

Good luck to all! God knows when we shall meet again.

Vineet Aggarwal
Email:- **********
Phone:- **********

1 Comments:

At Tuesday, June 26, 2007 6:43:00 pm , Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmm, Ji apna no aur email id to likte......where can we contact such an interesting man???

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home