Wednesday, January 16, 2008

New Year Resolution

I used to make resolutions every New Year when I was little. Since I was also normal, I never followed them up, as usual. After I grew up, I realized that there is no point wasting time in first thinking about some innovative resolution which can make your friends go ‘wow’ and then consciously trying to follow it up for couple of weeks and then regretting that you are no following it. Sheer waste of time, I would say! But this year, I think I have got some extra time to make few resolutions again. Innovative one, I am not sure…but interesting, at least for me.

1. Get back to the casual attitude and no serious stuff in anything anymore. I know my friends who know me would ask, what do you mean by go back??? But seriously…oops…I mean not that seriously…but serious enough to make a point… and still with the casualness to it…ok…I agree…this resolution would be hard to maintain, but no harm in trying! What I was saying is, I seriously (now shut up this time) believe deep inside my heart… like I would have to go really deep inside for this…, there is this small part which takes things seriously for some critical issues of my life… this part is like little small part…I mean very small…in fact sometimes it becomes invisible, but it’s still there nevertheless. But I think now I should keep this small tiny sometimes invisible part as dormant only, as far as possible. ‘Coz this small tiny sometimes invisible part has never ever taken me anywhere in life.

2. Get 6 pack abs! This is a carried forward resolution, I didn’t make this as a part of any of the New Year, but this was made when I started doing more than mere 10 wraps of the leg raise exercise without any support after joining gym. Now this one gonna stay for long, I am sure. But I’ll get it some day… now that’s the spirit!!

3. Get a part-time Job. This world has ripped me off in the last few months and I have only been signing cheques as if I have got some coin minting machine. My parents would get a heart-attack if they come to know the real quantum of my expenditures and the purpose for that. I know I would have to screw my a** off to accommodate some job with my full-time MBA program, which is already so packed up that it barely leaves me time to see my face in the mirror. Oh well, I think it’s coz of the fact that we don’t have any mirror in our flat. But then, I never thought that I would only be sleeping for just 6 hours on a daily basis!! And to make provision for the time to earn money after that (I think my current bank balance would let me survive for only 3 more weeks), I am in for a real roller-coaster life ahead!

4. Having birds as pet. I always wanted some birds as a pet ever since I was little. But my dad I guess was smarter than me as he somehow always convinced me his weird reasons for not having birds as pet! But it would be really sweet to have few birds flying here and there in the house and chirping around J

These are all for now, or for this New Year. I think the hardest one would be the first one, coz if I start following it religiously, that would mean that the rests have gone for a toss!! But even if I follow one of them, should be great!

1 Comments:

At Friday, January 18, 2008 7:21:00 pm , Anonymous Anonymous said...

There is a posibility I can help you with the #3 (part time job)
Give me a call and I will explain it to you.
Daniel Trujillo.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home